In any organization, using the latest and most advanced technologies have become a must now. And when talking about the latest technology, no organization would want to miss on the older but effective technologies such as Fax. Fax for Asterisk gives Asterisk PBX — that supports a wide range of TDM protocols for the handling and transmission of voice over traditional telephony interfaces, and VoIP packet protocols such as IAX, SIP and H.323—the ability to send and receive fax over both telephone and VoIP connections.
Using Fax for Asterisk, you can send faxes from your desktop using your standard email client without any need to install any software on your desktop. It endows you with the ability to send and receive faxes to and from TDM and IP channels. It includes analog and VoIP fax capabilities to Asterisk VOIP PBX and develops fax-on-demand, fax-broadcast, desktop fax and fax gateway applications and services. Fax for Asterisk also provides 14400bps PSTN faxing via DAHDI-compatible telephony boards and T.38 fax over SIP. You can add the Fax for Asterisk software on a hosted Asterisk PBX.
Features of Fax for Asterisk include the following:
• Fax for Asterisk supports inbound and outbound faxes
• It is an integrated SMTP gateway that provides a simple one-stop install.
• Fax for Asterisk supports a number of file formats including: Tiffg3, Postscript, PDF, Word, OpenOffice Writer.
• The preview mode allows previewing of rendered faxes before they are sent
• It support multiple Asterisk Channels as well as group channels
• Fax for hosted Asterisk PBX send faxes without specialized Fax Modems (just need to use your existing Asterisk/Digium hardware)
• It gives you the ability to send faxes directly from MS-Word and OpenOffice Writer
• No client side install is required.
• It allows sending standard email (text or html) as fax or attaching a Word, PDF, Writer etc. for transmission as a fax.
• Fax for Asterisk PBX sends multiple attachments in a single fax.
• It allows sending fax to multiple recipients in a single message by providing multiple ‘To’ addresses.
• It includes built-in test suite to aid in configuration and installation
• Fax for Asterisk PBX allows automatic archiving of all faxes to a designated mailbox. It allows automatic delivery receipts.
• It also provides customizable routing of inbound and outbound faxes to specific file system locations and e-mail addresses.
What more, don’t forget to enjoy the benefits of the best application hosting solutions, such as hosted VOIP PBX, Exchange, SharePoint, etc. from Apps4Rent, which has become the preferred way for companies to implement business software.